Saturday 4 February 2012

Step 1 Analysing Existing Creatures...

My first step for this semester is to look into existing creatures and workout if they are actually an accurate well thought through design.

With this in mind i didn't know where to start as there are hundreds of films and games with creatures of all kinds but finding a solid starting point was the hard part... So i began sifting through my hard drive of inspirational images when i stumbled across Star Wars.

I have started analysing some of the creatures created for these legendary films and discovering just how well or badly they are designed. To see these reviews please see my SM2 Research section of this blog.

Whilst doing this i have also been continuing sketching in my sketch book whatever creature i dream up at the time :p including a Pelican Eel inspired mammal, a Black Scorpion Fish inspired reptile and a Horn bill inspired Dinosaur :)

I have also discovered during many Spider Diagrams that FUNCTION and PURPOSE seem to be the main focus of this semester so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment