Friday 17 February 2012

Comparing Techniques

Below shows two images of the same creature. The white paper version is the original i designed in my sketch book, the brown paper version is my second attempt at it to discover any differences if any.

I believe the results are obvious, the brown paper version seems more professional and life like, its display of light and dark colour tones provide greater insight into the creatures structure and appearence. The white paper version seems flat and lifeless in comparison. Also the quality of line on the brown paper overall appears much stronger.
Comparing a design like this has helped me realise the differences between using different materials and i will continue to experiment throughout my creative career, as until i try i will never know!

This creature has been designed as part of a mini brief i set myself based in my findings in my research section. The brief was - to consider purpous before design which was "Speed & Defence" but this Rhino/Snapping Turtle inspired creature is actually a sub speices of the main outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment