Wednesday 25 April 2012

Adding more Realism to C01 (Creature01)!!!

Above: Final C01 Design.

In my previous post about this Creature i thought i was happy with its outcome and the discovery of using a basic environment setting. Although i was very happy with the result, myself and my tutor knew there was something still missing. We decided this Realistic, Believable design could be pushed even further into a whole new level of believability. 

As this creatures environment would be to climb, scurry and glide through the forest canopy, we thought about testing the idea of introducing tree shadows which cast onto both the creature and the bark tying the piece further together. Making the piece look photo realistic and the creature and the bark now look like they belong as opposed to randomly placed together. 

Finally, this time i truly believe this creature design and its concept is fully COMPLETE :D ... This whole design process of this creature alone has taught me so much in terms of its design, use of true life facts to support the design and the texturing process which was a whole new world for me and its safe to say i am happy to have discovered it! Down to the final shadowing detail i believe this creature has been designed well, it looks good and is designed to do what it looks like it should do... Glide, Climb, Balance, Appeal to a mate and feed successfully with its specially adapted independently hinged snout.

Overall this has been a huge learning curve for me, i have tackled new ways of thinking in terms of design and new ways of working in terms of art. I feel my concept art skills are constantly improving as a result, also is the believability of my creatures. This was my first attempt at new methods and design processes... i can only improve and i am excited to see what i will produce in the future.

Check out the CREATURE DEVELOPMENT section of this blog to see how i added those essential shadowing details.

No comments:

Post a Comment