Saturday 17 March 2012

Check Point

The past week or so i have felt a little lost. I have my Bird-Monkey designs but didn't really know what to do to progress further.

During my one to one feedback discussion with the Alien Apple crew last week, they suggested making my creatures look less 'Cut and Paste', i totally understood what they meant by this as some of my creatures so far may appear to just be a simple mix and match. Although in my defence my reasons for this are simple, what i have produced so far is the results of my research, and as i am striving to achieve believability in my creatures, the use of existing animals seemed a logical place to start.
With this in mind i did test a few, 'more creature-like' designs based on one of my Bird-Monkeys which i will upload shortly as a progression sequence.

Whilst doing this i have also been working on a life cycle of one of the Bird-Monkeys and after a discussion with my tutor we decided that this was the right path and in doing this i will discover issues that can question my Bird-Monkeys believability, and with these issues i can alter the creature effectively so eventually i will have a issue proof believably creature. I will use facts and living examples to help back my design further increasing its believability as a design.

We also discussed possible ideas for my final MA outcome... but this is a secret and still subject to change on this crazy roller coster journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment