Monday 12 December 2011

The Great Crested Bird...

After sketching, sketching and morrrre sketching :D i have selected one of my favourites to take that bit further on its design path.



It is a cross between a Secretary Bird and a Frilled Lizard.

The males have a highly colourful head piece which they use to threaten an approaching enemy and those with the biggest and most colourful head pieces are more attractive to the females.
They have a huge 2 meter wing span, long avian legs, a feathery scale covered body and feeds on insects and small fish. The Great Crested Bird can usually be spotted around the shallow shores of lakes and rivers.

Below are some experimental pieces helping me develop this creature...




I am finding that developing key areas of the creature helps me discover new ways of designing thus making my design process stronger,

No comments:

Post a Comment