Sunday 27 November 2011

The Gentle Giant

Recently i have been working mainly in my sketchbook creating creatures of all forms which is why my updates have been a little sparse. A few weeks ago myself and my fellow MA's went on a contextual visit to Yorkshire Sculpture Park (see Research section).

I found a particular piece inspiring and with my creative eye, i spotted potential. I took a photograph of this piece (above) and took it into photoshop to show you exactly what i could see in my head.

I saw the large muscular structure of a giant, first i saw a Gorilla, but as i developed this creature i began to see a sloth like animal of huge proportions. Although he looks intimidating he is far from it. He is the Gentle Giant of the forest.

Although at first i couldn't see the Sculpture Park being beneficial to myself, i was obviously wrong. Seeing an abstract sculpture clearly proved inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment